This article describes how you can save hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars by ordering from US websites and having your orders shipped to a border KinekPoint that acts as your US Shipping Address. We notify you when it gets there, and securely store it until you pick it up.
UPDATE: Check out our new iPhone app! Find, ship to, and track packages at our many US Border Shipping Addresses!
First Off, What is a Border KinekPoint?
Our Border KinekPoints specialize in receiving packages for Canadian cross border shoppers and act as their US shipping address. Once your package arrives we notify you and then store it securely until you come to pick it up. All of our locations are just a few minutes’ drive past the border and are located at almost every major border crossing in Canada. In order to ship to one of our locations, you simply need to sign-up for a free account at Kinek.com and choose a location to ship to.
How Do Border KinekPoints Save Me Money?
- Many companies do not ship to Canada. This often means you have to buy the item for upwards of 40-50% more in Canada, and sometimes it isn’t even sold locally!
- Even when companies DO ship to Canada, their shipping charges are often far too expensive. By using a border KinekPoint as your US shipping address, you can get your package at the border without paying those expensive fees.
- Brokerage fees. These are those nasty fees that are charged in order to process your item at customs. These often aren’t factored in during the checkout process and you are made to pay them when the item arrives at your doorstep. By using a US border KinekPoint as your US border shipping address, you don’t spend a dime on these fees.
OK, So How Much Does It Cost to Use a KinekPoint?
This is the best part, even though shipping to one of our US Border KinekPoints can save you hundreds, or thousands of dollars, we don’t charge anything to sign-up for the service. The only fee your EVER pay is when you pick-up a package. For the vast majority of our locations, we only charge $5 for packages under 10lbs. Don’t let that 10lbs fool you though, most of our locations will accept packages of any size or weight! We just charge more depending on how large/heavy your item is, and all this information can be found on each KinekPoint’s profile page over at Kinek.com. More on that later. though.
How Long Do I Have to Pick-up My Package?
You have 30 days from the delivery date to pick-up your package. However, we understand that in sometimes you can’t make it down that soon, so if you contact your KinekPoint, they are usually more than happy to accommodate the package for longer. Just keep in mind there will be an additional storage fee for that item depending on how large it is. We are more than happy to act as your US Shipping Address, but only have so much space 🙂
Finding a Border KinekPoint to Use as Your US Shipping Address
Kinek has border KinekPoints in the following US cities:
Champlain, NY (on the way to Plattsburg)
Wellesley Island, NY (only 35 minutes from Kingston, ON)
Pembina, ND (South of Winnipeg)
Oroville, WA (South of Kelowna and Osoyoos)
Blaine, WA (Serving Vancouver and surrounding area)
How Do I Ship to a Border KinekPoint?:
- Sign-up for a free Kinek account at www.Kinek.com
- Complete your profile page. (You must do this before choosing a KinekPoint to use as your US shipping address.)
- Click on, the icon that says “Choose a KinekPoint”
- You will be given a few different options to located a KinekPoint. Click on the link next to the sentence that reads “Canadians, looking for a US shipping address along the US border? Click here”.
- Choose a KinekPoint. (The map will now display that area, the map will display any KinekPoint locations with markers on the map. It will also list the locations to the left of the map. Click on either the marker, or the name of the location to view their KinekPoint profile page)
- Click on the “Show Pricing Details” link to read over the size/weight limits, receiving fee, hours of operation, accepted payment methods, and additional info section for that KinekPoint.
- Save that KinekPoint. Click on the green Save KinekPoint buttton. This will set this location as your default KinekPoint. You can change to another one at any time.
That’s It! Your new Kinek US Shipping Address will now be displayed in your profile page along with your Kinek#. You simply use that address when ordering online. Your package will arrive at our location and we’ll notify you right away. ALWAYS be sure to include your Kinek number when ordering, this ensures we can keep track of your package and notify you when it arrives.
Once you receive your notifications, you can then cross the border at a time of your convenience and pick up your package.
Want a more detailed list of Kinek’s locations? Here they are!
To make it easy, we’ll break down their locations by the Canadian cities they serve. We have also provide links to their Kinek pages.
- Champlain, New York
- www.kinek.com/border (Border Mail Depot will accept packages of any size or weight!)
- Swanton, Vermont
- www.kinek.com/border (Business America Services can accept any size or weight!)
- Derby Line, Vermont
Ottawa region, Brockville:
- Ogdensburg, New York (only 45 minutes from Ottawa)
- wwww.kinek.com/border (KinekPoint is called N.A.C. Logistics and can receive orders of any size or weight
- Babb, Montana (new location)
- wwww.kinek.com/border (Border Tire & Kinek PickUp can accept any size and weight)
- Massena, New York
- www.kinek.com/border (Our location is called Triple A Building Supply and can accept packages of any size or weight in Massena, NY for Canadian cross border shoppers). They’re also open 7-days a week.
Kingston, Belleville, Gananoque, Napanee:
- Wellesley Island, New York
- www.kinek.com/buildingsupply (Wellesley Island Building Supply is open 7 days a week and will accept packages of any size or weight!)
Greater Toronto Area:
- Buffalo, New York (Dollar City Warehouse)
- Buffalo, New York (Peace Bridge crossing)
- Niagara Falls, New York (New York Mailbox)
- Niagara Falls, New York (Rainbow Bridge crossing) (www.kinek.com/lewiston)
- Marine City, Michigan (www.kinek.com/FBpackage)
- Detroit, Michigan (UPS Store in Detroit)
- Port Huron, Michigan (www.kinek.com/BB)
- Sault Ste Marie, MI (My US Address)
- Pembina, North Dakota
Kelowna/Osoyoos, British Columbia:
- Oroville, Washington
- www.kinek.com/appleway (open 7 days a week!)
Vancouver and Surrounding Region:
- Blaine, Washington
- www.kinek.com/border (open 6 days a week and can accept any size or weight!)
New Brunswick/Nova Scotia/PEI:
- Calais, Maine
- AN Deringer – www.kinek.com/border
- Houlton, Maine
- Houlton Power Sports – www.kinek.com/border
Simply go to www.kinek.com and search the name of the border city you are interested in. This will display the Kinek Points they have in that city (sometimes you need to pan around the map to find one) and you can then sign-up to use that location as your US shipping address.
If you can’t find a Kinek Point in your border town, don’t worry, we also have a feature that allows you to recommend a location.